Skip to main content

Oh The Places I Will Go!!!

Fun Things I've Learned so Far in 2014
 
2014 - I set out to increase my photography skills by learning new techniques. I bought the magazine, "50 Photo Projects" and below are two that I've completed so far - 48 more to go. The first on is called Polar Express! I did it using 2 clear plastic forks, my camera (of course!), lens, circular polarizing filter and my iPad as a backlight. I tried various arrangements with forks, spoons & knives but this is the one I really like. I set my camera to aperture priority and f/11
 

Water Drops - this took about 300 shots to get a single drop of water to drop like this! Just using a bowl of water, a Ziploc bag (something to hang it from), colored paper - I used cardstock paper and propped it against the wall, and my external flash (the flash freezes the water). The settings I used were - ISO 200, f/16, ss 1/250 sec and a shutter release. You can use different color paper to change the reflection and color of the water, this shot I used blue cardstock.


A different fascination I now have is Lighthouses. I started one day when I set out to find the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, only to learn I couldn't get to it without an invitation and special permission because tours were no longer available. Below are just a few I visited since that day I set out on an adventure in November 2013.

Last week (March 28, 2014), my husband & I visited Savannah, Georgia. While trying to decide where to eat the night before - I saw an ad with the lighthouse below in it and told my husband we had to go find it. So we set out the next morning and found not one but two!


This is the Tybee Island Lighthouse - the oldest active light station on the Southeast coast. Many points of interest can be seen from the top, including the Cockspur Island Lighthouse below.

 
This little lighthouse - The Cockspur Island Lighthouse-  sits out in the water near the Fort Pulaski National Monument.



A few weeks ago returning home from Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. This one is located in Jupiter, Florida. It was just below sunset with the moon rising.


 
The Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is my favorite! It's located on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station near Kennedy Space Center
 
 
Ponce de Leon Inlet Light Station is 175 feet high, the tallest lighthouse in Florida and one of the tallest in the nation.
 

The St. Augustine Lighthouse - 140 years of history and 219 steps. And yes we climbed to the top of them all (except the little one).
 


When you follow your dream, you make it possible for others to follow their dream. More adventures, photo projects, and yes more lighthouses to come.

 
 


Comments

  1. Great article! Beautiful talent and love seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Great to hear from you my friend and post such encouraging words!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture Writing and Verse Mapping

  Benefits of Scripture Writing   “Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.” Habakkuk 2:2   There are many benefits to adopting a scripture writing practice:   Spiritual Growth: Writing scripture daily helps deepen your understanding of the Bible.   Increased Focus: The act of writing engages your mind and heart in a more intentional way.   Encouragement in Difficult Times: Meditating on God’s promises brings comfort and peace.   Creative Expression: Journaling scripture can be a great way to express your creativity.   Deeper Relationship with God: Spending time in God’s Word fosters a stronger connection with your Heavenly Father. Incorporating Verse Mapping into Your Daily Devotional Routine    Make verse mapping a part of your daily devotional routine. It doesn’t have to be lengthy—even a few minutes daily ...

Canva

Created 2 Create Twitter Cover Image Design Canva - One of My Favorite Design Programs and Apps With Canva , you don’t have to be a design pro, it makes designing easy. You can use your own photos or you can you upload images from sites like Unsplash or Pexels  and download them on your computer totally FREE. Canva also offers an app for you phone. Canva lets you Create designs for Web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook & social media covers, flyers, posters, invitations and many more.  The design options are endless, and the site is very user-friendly – you can modify one the their designs or create your own using one of the templates. Unsplash offers professional images that you can modify, edit and use as you desire. Again, totally free! Pexels ’ site is just like Upsplash , these are royalty-free photographs for you to use as you wish. These are some of the designs I created using Canva … Click on l...

Advent Season

    Advent Season started November 30th 2025 and ends December 24 th , 2025   Advent means the coming of Christ /period leading up to Christmas. It is the first season of the Christian Church year. On each of the four Sundays preceding Christmas, an Advent candle is lit. The 4 candles of Advent are Hope, Love, Joy, and Peace, representing the virtues Jesus brought us. The 4 candles are arranged on a circular Advent wreath, with no beginning or end, reminding us of the eternity of God's love and the everlasting love we find in Jesus.    Together the Advent candles are a reminder of God's promise to us of salvation through Christ.   The first candle purple -Hope(can be called the Prophesy Candle) symbolizes a shining light in anticipation of the coming of Christ and represents God's forgiveness of man's sins.   The second candle-Love is usually purple or violet. It reminds us of the Holy Family's experience in Bethlehem. This color is a...