Any God-given dream will be too big for us to accomplish on our own.
Therefore, it stands to reason, there will be periodic challenges, times of discouragement, even bouts of depression and wanting to give up and thrown in the towel.
We have an entire book full of encouragement,, the Book of Philippians. Here are just a few of some of the frequently quoted verses:
- Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus - Philippians 1:6.
- Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me - Philippians 3:13-14.
- I can do all this through Him who give me strength - Philippians 4:13. This is one of my all time favorites and I quote it a lot!
- Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say again: Rejoice! ...Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God - Philippians 4:4,6.
In Philippians, Paul provided a prescription for persisting when the going gets tough. It is true that tough times never last, but tough people do. Because...
- Tough people get through tough times because they believe God has a plan for their lives, and that He will complete the plan. They believe the story is not over yet, and it will have a happy ending.
- Tough people get through tough times because they are able to forget the mistakes of the past by learning from them and then focusing on the future.
- Tough people get through tough times because they tap prayerfully into the strength that Christ is giving them.
- Tough people get through tough times because they give thanks even in the tough times. They ask God with thanksgiving for what they need to get through the tough times.
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. No matter what we're going through in this life, it is important to God that we not give up.
We just have to trust God and leave all the consequences to Him. The story is not over and it will have a happy ending!
Be blessed and be a blessing! Trust God to provide all you need!!!