Monday, July 18, 2016

Q - was quite challenging!

"Q" was not easy for my nature topic. I decided I didn't want to do quail; besides I didn't have a picture of one in my photo library. Besides, the focus for me is to find things the represent nature that I've actually photographed. So the search began - I found it, I actually had pictures of them in my library. Yeah.

The scientific name for Grackle is begins with a "Q" - who knew!

Quiscalus quiscula - Common Grackle. Coloration of male Common Grackle varies across the species' range. Populations nesting along the Atlantic coastal plain south of New York, know as Purple Grackle, have uniform blue-violet or variegate multi-colored iridescence on body and wing coverts. Nests in trees, especially dense evergreens such as junipers.



Quiscalus major - Boat-tailed Grackle are common within a limited range. Nests and roosts in bushes in marshes. Forages for seeds and invertebrates on the ground close to water, usually in small flocks.




Quiscalus mexicanus- Great-tailed Grackle is not native to Florida

Be blessed and be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Be an Encourager

Today let's ask God to help us to see people as Jesus sees them. Be sensitive to their level of need. Be an encourager and build th...

Popular Posts