Psalm 15 furnishes us with a list of leadership traits. The character of those who may dwell with the Lord.
David describes a righteous person who walks with integrity and gains not only the respect of others, but also an audience with God (Ps. 15:1,2). He demonstrates why predetermined values and ethics, not expediency, must drive our leadership. How does David picture a godly leader? The leader...
- possesses integrity - v.2
- does what is right - v.2
- is honest and trustworthy - v.2
- does not gossip - v.3
- does not listen to gossip - v.3
- does not harm others - v.3
- speaks out against wrong - v.4
- honors others who walk in truth - v.4
- keeps their word even when it costs them - v.4
- isn't greedy to gain at the expense of others - v.5
- takes no bribes against anyone - v.5
- is strong and stable - v.5
The Maxwell Leadership Bible, p. 656