Prayer is not a formula. It is primarily a love relationship expressed between you and your loving heavenly Father. He is all-wise, all-loving, all-powerful, all-able to hear and to answer. God call us to Himself to speak with Him face-to-face.
What is prayer?
- Relationship - verbalizing total child-like dependence on my faithful Father - John 1:12, Matthew 6:9, 7:11
- Intimate two-way conversation between tow people who love each other, talking with God - James 4:8
- Pleading promises - Joshua 23:14, 2 Corinthians 1:20
- Acknowledging entire dependence on Sovereign God - John 15:4
- Asking God for something - Matthew 7:7-8
- Ministering to God - Deuteronomy 10:8
- Pouring out our burdens on our caring Friend - Psalm 55:22, 1 Peter 5:7
- The beginning of every move of God - Habakkuk 3:1-2
One thing I ask of the Lord this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in His temple (Psalm 27:4). God desires us to seek and find Him - You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:13). God is pleased with our fellowship in prayer - the pray of the upright pleases Him (Proverbs 15:8).
Here's a link to one of my previous blogs on prayer.