Skip to main content

31 Days - Day 20




For today’s post I decided to "unpack" Isaiah 49:23b This is part of the blog hop in Proverb's 31 "A Confident Heart" Study. See: Verse Mapping. Also. part of my 31 days blogging challenge.

 "Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed.” Isaiah 49:23b

There are three words in this passage that I want to unpack - Then-Hope-Know.
 
Then is an important word. It implies that something must come before. This confidence (knowing that God is the Lord, hoping in Him, not being disappointed) comes only when we:
  1. turn from our disobedience and follow God
  2. allow Him to rebuild and restore us from the deep, dark, desolate places in our hearts and lives.
Hope = confident assurance that God will do what He says He will do. Believing in Him even through our doubts and disappointments. Heb 6:19 – We are anchored in all upheaval, roped securely to God’s Throne. Nothing can untie us. Hold to Hope rooted in Faith. Heb 11:1

If we put our hope in the Lord he will not disappoint us, it doesn’t mean we will never be disappointed. God’s power will be revealed to do the unimaginable in the lives of His people.

Our "hope" is not always the same as Gods plan for our lives, but His plan is so much greater than anything we could ever "hope" for. We cannot always fathom God's goodness, grace and mercy, his love for us is unfathomable. When we are able to look back one day although we may feel disappointed that life didn't work how we wanted it, we will see how Gods glory is so much greater.

Know as defined in Webster's dictionary states: Know – to  recognize the nature of; discern. The way to know God – recognize who He is, discern His voice – is daily in His Word. We discover His truths, precepts and promises. When we are in His Word, His Word is in us.
 
Here's my personalization of this scripture:
 


Declarations of faith:

1.     I believe God was watching and actively participating in my creation when I was formed in my mother’s womb. (Psalm 139:14-16)

2.     I believe God has a specific purpose for my life. (Ephesians 2:10)

3.     I believe God is always with me. (Psalm 139:2-12; Matt. 28:20)

4.     I believe God leads and directs in my daily life through His Holy Spirit, His Word, other believers, and circumstances He allows. (Luke 12:11, 12; 2 Tim. 2:15)

5.     I believe God strengthens me and helps me as I rely on Him. (Isaiah 40:31; Isaiah 41:10)

6.     I believe God understands my weaknesses and works through them. (2 Cor. 12:9-10)

7.     I believe God wants me to be holy. (I Peter 1:16)

8.     I believe God forgives my sin when I confess and forsake it. (I John 1:9)
 
Have a blessed Day! Abide in Him and He will abide in you. Seek Him with all your heart and your will find Him.

Comments

  1. Love your blog, your verse mapping and your declaration of faith. Enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing. Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture Writing and Verse Mapping

  Benefits of Scripture Writing   “Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.” Habakkuk 2:2   There are many benefits to adopting a scripture writing practice:   Spiritual Growth: Writing scripture daily helps deepen your understanding of the Bible.   Increased Focus: The act of writing engages your mind and heart in a more intentional way.   Encouragement in Difficult Times: Meditating on God’s promises brings comfort and peace.   Creative Expression: Journaling scripture can be a great way to express your creativity.   Deeper Relationship with God: Spending time in God’s Word fosters a stronger connection with your Heavenly Father. Incorporating Verse Mapping into Your Daily Devotional Routine    Make verse mapping a part of your daily devotional routine. It doesn’t have to be lengthy—even a few minutes daily ...

Canva

Created 2 Create Twitter Cover Image Design Canva - One of My Favorite Design Programs and Apps With Canva , you don’t have to be a design pro, it makes designing easy. You can use your own photos or you can you upload images from sites like Unsplash or Pexels  and download them on your computer totally FREE. Canva also offers an app for you phone. Canva lets you Create designs for Web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook & social media covers, flyers, posters, invitations and many more.  The design options are endless, and the site is very user-friendly – you can modify one the their designs or create your own using one of the templates. Unsplash offers professional images that you can modify, edit and use as you desire. Again, totally free! Pexels ’ site is just like Upsplash , these are royalty-free photographs for you to use as you wish. These are some of the designs I created using Canva … Click on l...

Advent Season

    Advent Season started November 30th 2025 and ends December 24 th , 2025   Advent means the coming of Christ /period leading up to Christmas. It is the first season of the Christian Church year. On each of the four Sundays preceding Christmas, an Advent candle is lit. The 4 candles of Advent are Hope, Love, Joy, and Peace, representing the virtues Jesus brought us. The 4 candles are arranged on a circular Advent wreath, with no beginning or end, reminding us of the eternity of God's love and the everlasting love we find in Jesus.    Together the Advent candles are a reminder of God's promise to us of salvation through Christ.   The first candle purple -Hope(can be called the Prophesy Candle) symbolizes a shining light in anticipation of the coming of Christ and represents God's forgiveness of man's sins.   The second candle-Love is usually purple or violet. It reminds us of the Holy Family's experience in Bethlehem. This color is a...