Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Live Well



Today in my quiet-time, these are the scriptures that I was led to read this morning. First, from Philippians 4:11-13 (AMP)

11 Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be [f] content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.
12 I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want.
13 I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who [g]infuses inner strength into me; I am [h]self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].

This is not always easy, but we have to trust God in all our circumstances. The world tells us - more, bigger better. God tells us - wait, I will supply all your needs...and yes, He does mean ALL.

The second scripture is from Colossians chapter 3 and it is my pray for you today,

23 Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men,
24 Knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah).
 
Have a blessed day!
 
Cheryl
 
 
 
 
 
Today's scriptures are from the Amplified Bible (Biblegateway.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

New York, New York

New York City Skyline New York, New York Bright lights and big city. New York, the biggest city in the United States since 1790...

Popular Posts