If you have been avoiding God because of an area of shame in your life, commit to run to God in the coming days and weeks. Choose one or more of the “Run to God” exercises from the check list below, journal them in the Study Guide or a notebook. Write about what God is teaching you through the one’s you’ve chosen.
- Run to God #1: Make a decision to be with our group at every session of the Unashamed study, even when you feel tempted to avoid it because the process might be getting difficult for you.
- Join us Thursday’s at 8pm on our closed God’s Girls Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/692185037534989/
- Run to God #2: Commit to attend church weekly while you are walking through this study and seek to engage your heart, mind, and body fully in worship, even when you might feel some measure of shame or unworthiness.
- Run to God #3: Read a portion of the Bible each day and invite the Holy Spirit to speak to you, teach, and minister to you as you read.
- Run to God #4: Begin a journal in which you write down three prayers of praise each day: one for God’s love, grace, and goodness; another for someone in your life who is a blessing and joy; and a third for something about who God has made you and what He wants to do in and through you as His beloved child.
- Run to God #5: Read Psalm 139 each day for the next week. Slow down and meditate on verses 13 and 14, and say them out loud. Thank God that you are fearfully and wonderfully made!
When that shadow of shame lurks in the corners of our hearts, it holds us back from the fullness of all that God has for us...You can leave your guilt and your shame at the cross and you can move past your past.
God can and does redeem anything and He is able to turn all things around to work together for good (Read Romans 8:28)
See page 28 in the Unashamed Study Guide