Skip to main content

Things I Learned in August



Things I Learned in August…




I participated in two Adobe Creative Challenges – a Photoshop Daily Creative Challenge. To complete the challenge, you needed to complete 7 out of the 9 daily challenges. The second, was the Adobe XD Daily Creative Challenge and the rule was the same – to complete 7 out of the 9 daily challenges. 

Photoshop was a little easier because I use it almost every day XD was fairly new, I’d only used that program a few times. But I was determined not to be discourage, I was ready for the challenge! I completed all 9 of the Photoshop Challenges and 8 of the 9 XD Challenges.



Here’s a collage featuring a of few of art boards I created for the Photoshop Challenge.




One of the Adobe XD Challenges was to create an interactive survey. I couldn't get the link to work in the blog unfortunately. But here's one of the art boards I designed for this challenge:






My work and the work of other creatives can be found on the Behance website, along with the daily challenges. Click here. Videos of the daily challenges can also be found on YouTube. 


I don’t why, but I love taking pictures of a Full Moon. These were taken on August 27th. There’s so much detail, it’s like you can see the craters and the mountain ridges. My gear for this shot is a Nikon D7100 with a Sigma 100-600mm lens.




Another one of my favorite subjects, other than people, is birds and birding.




I woke of early to just barely in time for lift-off of the Parker Solar Probe.





I hope you enjoyed this post, please leave me a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture Writing and Verse Mapping

  Benefits of Scripture Writing   “Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.” Habakkuk 2:2   There are many benefits to adopting a scripture writing practice:   Spiritual Growth: Writing scripture daily helps deepen your understanding of the Bible.   Increased Focus: The act of writing engages your mind and heart in a more intentional way.   Encouragement in Difficult Times: Meditating on God’s promises brings comfort and peace.   Creative Expression: Journaling scripture can be a great way to express your creativity.   Deeper Relationship with God: Spending time in God’s Word fosters a stronger connection with your Heavenly Father. Incorporating Verse Mapping into Your Daily Devotional Routine    Make verse mapping a part of your daily devotional routine. It doesn’t have to be lengthy—even a few minutes daily ...

Canva

Created 2 Create Twitter Cover Image Design Canva - One of My Favorite Design Programs and Apps With Canva , you don’t have to be a design pro, it makes designing easy. You can use your own photos or you can you upload images from sites like Unsplash or Pexels  and download them on your computer totally FREE. Canva also offers an app for you phone. Canva lets you Create designs for Web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook & social media covers, flyers, posters, invitations and many more.  The design options are endless, and the site is very user-friendly – you can modify one the their designs or create your own using one of the templates. Unsplash offers professional images that you can modify, edit and use as you desire. Again, totally free! Pexels ’ site is just like Upsplash , these are royalty-free photographs for you to use as you wish. These are some of the designs I created using Canva … Click on l...

Advent Season

    Advent Season started November 30th 2025 and ends December 24 th , 2025   Advent means the coming of Christ /period leading up to Christmas. It is the first season of the Christian Church year. On each of the four Sundays preceding Christmas, an Advent candle is lit. The 4 candles of Advent are Hope, Love, Joy, and Peace, representing the virtues Jesus brought us. The 4 candles are arranged on a circular Advent wreath, with no beginning or end, reminding us of the eternity of God's love and the everlasting love we find in Jesus.    Together the Advent candles are a reminder of God's promise to us of salvation through Christ.   The first candle purple -Hope(can be called the Prophesy Candle) symbolizes a shining light in anticipation of the coming of Christ and represents God's forgiveness of man's sins.   The second candle-Love is usually purple or violet. It reminds us of the Holy Family's experience in Bethlehem. This color is a...