Thursday, October 13, 2016

Chosen


 


Chosen


1 Peter 2:9-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nationa people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
God does not ever call the qualified. He qualifies the called.


We often base our self-concept on our accomplishments. But our relationship with Christ is far more important than our jobs, successes, wealth or knowledge. We have been chosen by God as His very own, and we have been called to represent Him to others. Remember that our value comes from being one of God’s chosen, not from what we can achieve. We have worth because of what God does, not because of anything that we do.


When I remember what God says about me – that I’m chosen, holy, set apart – created to give glory to God and not myself. Then I find joy in the work that I do. I see the treasure of the doors that are opened – at the right time for me, my gifts, and my family. I can create confidently, knowing that whatever happens with it has nothing to do with me, but is part of the story God is writing with my life.


Then I can celebrate for others. I can see my path clearly and find joy when they discover theirs. I can stop chasing dreams that belong to someone else and instead stay true to the woman God created ME to be.



















When we are united with Christ as members of His body, we join in His priestly work of reconciling God and man.

God uses imperfect people to work out His perfect plan.

Chose to believe what God says about you in His Word and to trust that He will somehow make a way where there seems to be no way.


What truth do you need to lock into your heart so you are always ready to battle the lies the enemy seeks to tell you?



Be Blessed and be a Blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

New York, New York

New York City Skyline New York, New York Bright lights and big city. New York, the biggest city in the United States since 1790...

Popular Posts